Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Accidental Abstraction...

I will let the images speak for themselves. These are photos of my palettes that I began saving quite some time ago and hesitate to admit it but I often like them more than my paintings! I'm a lousy abstract painter (topic for another post) but when it happens accidentally it's magic. Enjoy!

This is my current "in studio" palette, freshly scraped, looks very Spring like!


my disposable palette which I won't save, used this for my alkyds.





This is an interesting one...it's double sided and this is side one, think I'm going to frame it.

...and this is the other side, where I actually mixed the paint.


Geesh I just love this one...








this next palette is the first one I saved and I'd been painting a lot of florals...you can kind of tell from the colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment