Saturday, April 16, 2011

Still life...

I've been aching to do Still Life work but not the bowl of fruit, vase of flowers kind.  I've been working on a number of ideas and am enormously pleased with the outcome.  Everything I paint comes out of the pursuit of an idea which is what the still life's and wall paintings are about or an experience which is what the land/seascapes & Europe paintings depict.  It feels strange that it takes me much longer to arrive at a still life idea than anything else I do.  I need exactly the "right" thing, combination, simple, maybe a tad funny or ironic and hopefully a little poetic, all that uses very different creative muscles than the other work I do and that kind of "exercise" feels great.  So here are the very newest Still Lifes...enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment