Monday, December 1, 2014

Portraits of Leaves!

Now that I live in the country without a management company to do all the chores my seasons are defined as such:  winter = shoveling, spring = digging & planting, summer = mowing, fall = raking and boy did I do a lot of raking but it yielded more than bags of leaves, it gave me inspiration.

As I raked some leaves caught my attention, they were just too interesting or dramatic to stuff in the bag.  At the time I wasn't quite sure what I would do with them but soon figured they were beautiful subjects all on their own - hence a series of Leaf Portraits.  I certainly have a LOT of them around and more will come every year, it has made raking much more interesting.
















15 bags of potential paintings!

Too many leaves, never enough lifetimes to paint them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment